Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Friend Request.


The other day i read a letter that was sent to many people on Facebook by Pastor Alex Lopez. Though i do not know who he is, i respect that God has placed him as a pastor and felt the need to read to see what he had to say. He asked a very valid question. If Jesus would visit some of the Facebook pages of many who claim to be Christians, what would he say? I believe he would say "These people honor me with their lips, but their Facebook accounts are far from me." I notice that many of my friends that are christian did not display it on Facebook.

Perhaps you remembered in Matthew 15:8-9 when Jesus spoke and said "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me." He was referring to the people that knew the word and prayed and worshiped but their hearts, their lives, were not in full submission to Him.

Maybe you remember Matthew 7:21 -23 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

The most impacting thing about these verses are that they are in essence WARNING us against religious lifestyles and trying to enter us in divine relationships with our living God. God is saying it is NOT enough that you have given prophesy in my name, it is NOT enough that you preform miracles, because the most important thing is I want to know YOU!

Its not about you knowing God, Its about God knowing you. The bible says that even the demons know that God is Lord and they tremble at the thought. By simply knowing about God and not doing anything to serve Him, we are in the same level as the demons. I don't know about you but they are not exactly the kind that i want to compare myself with. In the words of Paul Washer, God needs to know us!

If you go outside the white house and yell "I know Obama, let me in!" they will look at you like you are crazy and say "So what, get out of here!" But if Obama comes outside and says "I know this man let him in" then its a whole different story. In that same way God needs to know us.

Back to the whole Facebook thing. Ask yourself: If i call myself a christian, do my pictures, status, and comments glorify God? The solution does not come in NOT letting the public know the bad things I do, the solution comes in not doing the bad things I do and entering a consecration with the Lord.

Pastor Alex finished with this:

"For the Luke warm people: You have options. You can change your life around or you can erase off of your "Info" that you are Christians. Because in reality you are dishonoring the faith that we profess and stomping on the sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross."

Though you may say "this is a bit harsh" and "you will push people away" but ill tell you this: Many of these people are already away. The only good thing about being away is that there is only one other direction to go, to come back.

Remember brothers and sisters that everything we publish on Facebook comes from our heart. I hope that our hearts belong completely to Jesus. God bless you.


Verses to Read
1 Corinthians 2:14, Romans 8:8, Galatians 2:19-20, Matthew 7:21-23, Matthew 15:8-9

3 comments:

  1. this should go out to all "christians"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Henry. This is so true. The verse "do it for the glory of God" comes to mind when reading this. Be encouraged by this. Who said you cant minister or praise God on fb??

    ReplyDelete